Cochrane moves to a clock set in a simpler time, when it was proclaimed Canada’s “last best west.” And is becoming known as Calgary’s most desirable and accessible satellite community. Drop into any of the local businesses and you’re just as likely to run into cowboys from nearby ranches as you are local residents running their daily errands.
Cochrane’s small-town values and easy-going lifestyle mix easily with its many amenities; convenient shops (from unique boutiques to big brand stores), three hockey arenas, two golf courses with outstanding junior golf programs, an indoor pool and new aquatic centre, family sports centre with indoor running track, public library, movie theatre, outdoor skate park, doctors and dentists who are still taking patients, specialty medical services and so much more:
- Nine schools to choose from (with French immersion, Catholic school and private school options) plus several pre-schools
- More than 25 restaurants and bars including McKay’s, Alberta’s most popular ice cream parlour
- Nearly two-dozen parks and 30+ km of well-maintained pathways
- 42 heritage buildings that sustain the Town’s unique sense of place
- A welcoming small-town atmosphere that has endured since the Town’s incorporation in 1903
- A town that 98% of residents deem a safe place to live
- A robust calendar of year-round festivals, events and farmers’ markets
- Only 20 minute commute time to Calgary
- A burgeoning arts community
- Year-round festivals
- Easy access to the Rocky Mountains
Visit www.cochrane.ca for more information.